Heart Rate Monitor – The Definition
Do you want to know it? Really? Well, let me give you a simple definition. A heart rate monitor is a device which monitors your heart rate! Simple! Yes, it is a personal monitor device which measures the real-time heart rate of a person to use it for a later study. The device is widely used among the sportspersons and fitness trainees who perform different types of fitness exercise.
The device can be worn on a person’s wrist. They are available with and without a chest strap.
A Heart Rate Monitor Without Chest Strap
From its different types, the heart rate monitor without chest strap is most popular as the technology has achieved new levels. The heart rate monitors are popular not only because they measure your heart rate accurately, but they are easy to use, convenient to wear and help you to monitor your heart rate anytime you want, whether you are doing an exercise or not.
The strapless heart rate monitor has an obvious advantage over a heart rate monitor with a chest strap, and that is, yes, you guessed it right, it does not come with a chest strap!
How Actually a Strapless Heart Rate Monitor Works?
A heart rate monitor without a chest strap works similar to a one with a chest strap. It is having a sensor in the form of a back plate in the watch which is wearable on the wrist. Another sensor is in the form of buttons or metal plate which are fitted on the face of the watch. The back plate sensor detects the electrical activity of the heart and when you touch the sensor on the watch face with your finger, it completes the electrical loop and your watch displays the heart rate in BPM.
It will display your heart rate for the time you touch it with your finger. If you keep your finger on it, it will continuously display your heart beats.
Advantages of using a Heart Rate Monitor Without a Chest Strap
- One of the most distinct advantages of a strapless heart rate monitor, as we have discussed before, is, it does not come with a strap.
- When you hold your finger on it, it continuously displays your heart rate in beats per minute. This is very useful when you want to monitor your recovery after some exercising efforts like sprints.
- It comes without straps, so you can wear it all the day just like a watch. It acts as a high-performance sports watch having a lot of health and fitness tools depending on the device model you choose.
- Because you wear it all the day, you can monitor your heart rate anytime you want. It provides a good sense of monitoring your heart rate in normal and stressful conditions throughout the day.
- A heart rate monitor with straps are restrictive as they can be worn only during exercise, they are uncomfortable to wear and are noticeable clearly under your clothes. All these problems are sorted out with the use of strapless heart rate monitors.
- A heart rate monitor without a chest strap is significantly cheaper than the other variations.
A Best Wrist Heart Rate Monitor Without Chest Strap is a perfect choice for the people who want to track their heart rate at any time and is useful for activities like sprinting, swimming, running, walking and all other exercises where a heart rate is measured after a lap, sprint, or during a run or walk. Depending on the model you choose, it will tell you the highest and lowest heart rate with a percentage of maximum heart beats during the time.